Via Emilia Est, 1 – Parma (PR) – 43121
+39 351 0981340
info@roomsdonalfonso.it
The Park was built in 1561 by the will of the Farnese Family who commissioned the project of the architect Jacopo Barozzi, known as Vignola.
In the following years a beautiful artificial lake was built inside, but it was only with the arrival of Maria Luigia that this park assumed the appearance of an English garden.
With the unification of Italy the park was finally opened to the public: the walls were demolished and other entrances were added on each side.
Today, after a complete restoration in eighteenth-century style, inside the garden there are several facilities including a children’s area, various sports paths distributed throughout the surface, a dog park and a bar with outdoor tables and benches.